Making an offer
The most important points of an offer include:
1) Purchase price offered
2) Length of escrow period, i.e. the time until the home is yours (typically 45 days)
3) Percent of down payment
4) Length of inspection contingency period (typically from 7-17 days from the date your offer is accepted)
5) Length of loan/appraisal contingency period (typically 17-21 days from the date your offer is accepted)
6) Any items we are requesting that seller provide with the home (washer/dryer, stove, refrigerator)
- We will help you to make a competitive offer based on how long the home has been on the market and the recent sales comparables.
- We can help you structure your offer into possibly getting an acceptance from the seller. Sellers can reject an offer outright or they can provide you with a counteroffer if you have not met their needs in the initial offer.
- Without a signed acceptance from both parties, you will not have a binding agreement. Once you have a signed acceptance from both parties, you will have a binding agreement. You have no commitment to the home until you have signed off on all contingencies.